Devoted Health FHIR APIs
Devoted Health FHIR APIs enable our members to provide consent to share their data to third-party applications. Additionally, the APIs enable third-party application developers with access to Devoted Health Provider and Pharmacy directory information as well as the Drug Formulary information.
Our APIs and processes provide the following capabilities in conformance with the CMS Interoperability requirement (part of the 21st Century Cures Act):
- Enable third-party application developers to register their member-facing applications to be able to access Devoted Health’s API
- Enable members to provide data consent to a third-party application to access their data
- Leverage the HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) as the data exchange standard for member as well as non-member specific data (e.g., provider and pharmacy directory)
- Leverage the OAuth 2.0 / Open ID Connect standard for member authorization
App Registration Process
If you’re a 3rd party app developer, in order to be able to access Devoted Health FHIR APIs, you’ll need to register the organization and application to obtain the relevant access information by following the instruction below:
- Please complete and submit your registration information via the .
- Once the information is received and reviewed by our interoperability team, the relevant Client ID and Client Secret information will be issued for each registered application and emailed to you within 3 business days from when the registration was submitted. Note: The client ID and secret should only be used if it can be kept confidential, such as communication between your application and the Devoted Health’s FHIR APIs.
- Once the review process is completed, you will receive a secure email notification from Virtru (our secure email solution) from a devoted.com email address. You will need to register with Virtru in order to access the Client ID and Secret contained in the body of the e-mail.
- Once received, you’ll be able to use the Client ID and Secret to connect to our Production APIs
NON Member-specific APIs & Resources
Based on the requirements set forth by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), payer is required to make the provider directory as well as the drug formulary information publicly available via a standards-based API.
- Base Request URL for the Provider Directory APIs: https://fhir.devoted.com/fhir
- Capability Statement URL for the Provider Directory APIs: https://fhir.devoted.com/fhir/metadata
- Swagger documentation for the Provider Directory APIs: https://fhir.devoted.com
Provider & Pharmacy Directory API
Devoted Health’s Provider & Pharmacy Directory FHIR API provides access to in-network providers, facilities and pharmacies information. The API is based on the PDEX Plan Net reference implementation. The following resources are supported in the Provider Directory API:
- Healthcare Service
- Organization Affiliation
- Practitioner Role
Plan Coverage & Formularies API
Devoted Health’s Plan Coverage & Formularies API provides access to our formulary information. The API is based on the PDEX US Drug Formulary. The following resources are supported in the Provider Directory API:
- Medication Knowledge
Member-specific APIs & Resources
Based on the requirements set forth by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), payers are required to make a patient’s claims, encounter and clinical data available via the Patient Access API.
- OID configuration can be found at: https://login.devoted.com/.well-known/openid-configuration
- Base Request URL for the Patient Access APIs: https://api.prod.devoted.com/fhir
- Capability Statement for the Patient Access API: https://api.prod.devoted.com/fhir/metadata
- Swagger documentation for the Patient Access API: https://devoted.com/developers/fhir/swagger
The following resources are supported in the Patient Access API:
If you have any questions related to the app registration process or the APIs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- A brief description of the issue (e.g., registration process, client ID/secret reset, etc.)
- The API you have question on: the Patient Access API or the Provider Directory API
- The FHIR resource API(s) that you are having an issue with
- The response code and error message
- The time, including time zone, and date of the error
- Your contact information (name, email)
Page last updated on: June 29th, 2021