- health and wellness
- Disease Management Programs
Disease Management Programs
Your Devoted Health plan includes free programs to help you manage chronic health conditions. Call us at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711) to see if you qualify.
Diabetes Management Program
In this program, we work together with you to keep your symptoms in check. The goal is to help you feel your best and live well with diabetes. You’ll work with a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist and learn how to:
- Check your blood sugar
- Eat well
- Stay fit
- And much more
This program might be right for you if you have:
- High average blood sugar (hemoglobin A1c)
- A hard time meeting your health goals on your own
- New health challenges
It’s also great if you just want to learn more about diabetes. Whether you recently found out you have it or you’ve had it for a long time, we can help.
High Blood Pressure Management Program
If you have high blood pressure and you can't seem to get it under the goal you set with your doctor, we can help! In this program, we'll work with you to track your blood pressure and make sure your medications are the right ones for you.
Once you’re in the program, you can expect to:
- Partner with a dedicated health education specialist for 1-on-1 coaching, including recommendations for simple everyday changes you can make to lower your blood pressure
- Learn how to check your blood pressure regularly — if you need a blood pressure cuff to use at home, we’ll provide one at no cost
- Get help with managing medications from our pharmacists and nurse practitioners, who may also add new medications or change your doses as needed
Together, we'll lower your blood pressure so you can focus on living your life to the fullest. Learn more about our high blood pressure management program.
Heart Failure Management Program
If you have congestive heart failure, our Heart Failure Management program can offer extra support from a dedicated team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists. The program includes:
- Health coaching: You’ll meet one-one with a nurse who specializes in heart care, getting individualized education and tips to help you stay on your medications, eat heart-healthy foods, and know what symptoms to watch out for
- Daily weight monitoring: While in the program, you’ll use a cellular-connected scale that automatically shares your weight with your team each day — so we can keep an eye out for big changes in weight that may mean your heart failure is getting worse
- Help with your medications: Our team will make sure you’re on the right medications to manage your heart failure, all based on the latest research — and we’ll check in with you often as your medications or doses change to make sure everything is going okay.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Management Program
If you have severe COPD or COPD flares, or if you’ve been in the hospital because of your COPD in the past year, our virtual COPD program might be right for you.
In this program, you’ll partner with a nurse who specializes in lung diseases and breathing support. You’ll get personalized education and work together to develop an action plan to take charge of your lung care and live well with COPD.
Your COPD program nurse will:
- Meet with you regularly by phone or video — usually once every 2 weeks, depending on your needs
- Make sure you have a spirometer and pulse oximeter so you can measure how well your lungs are working and whether your body is getting enough oxygen
- Connect you with a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in COPD care in case you need to add or change any breathing treatments, like inhalers, to better manage your COPD symptoms
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711).